Each year, one in three of us will get back pain. Most back pain affects people’s lower back. It can affect the daily life, robbing sleep and making life more difficult.
CAHMA is the biggest network in UK. The members are fully qualified and highly skilled at traditional Chinese medicine. Most of us are senior doctors. some have attained medical professorship. According to different conditions , we can offer treatments as follows
- Herbal Remedy
- Tuina( therapeatic massage)
- Cupping thetapy
In most cases, a few treatments can relief pain. We have received many positive feedback from patients .
Low Back Pain(LBP)
What is LBP?
LBP is a pain, or soreness, or tension, or stiffness in the back, between the bottom of the rib cage and the top of legs, with or without sciatica.
How Many People Suffering From LBP in the UK?
LBP is a very common problem affecting one in three adults in the UK each year with an estimated 2.5 million people seeking help from their GP, or alternative medicine practitioner.
NICE Recommends Acupuncture
Patients with persistent low back pain should be offered acupuncture, massages or exercises on the NHS, says guidance of National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
Causes of LBP
LBP is not a specific disease but rather a complaint that may be caused by a large number of underlying problems of varying levels of seriousness. The majority of LBP does not have a clear cause but is believed to be the result of non-serious muscle or skeletal issues such as sprains or strains, obesity, poor physical condition, poor posture and poor sleeping position may also contribute to LBP. Physical causes may include osteoarthritis, degeneration of the discs between the vertebrae or a spinal disc herniation, broken vertebra(e), ankylosing spondylitis, or rarely, an infection or tumour of the spine.
Treatments for low back pain vary depending on how long you have had the pain, how severe it is, and your individual needs and preferences. The examples are as follows.
- Epidural Steroid Injections
According to the theories of TCM, LBP was caused with many pathogenic factors that lead to blocking of meridian, qi and blood, or imbalance of yin and yang. Acupuncture,
Tuina(Chinese therapeutic massage) and Chinese herbal medicine may encourage the flows of qi and blood, regulate yin and yang and this leads to the body’s own healing response being triggered, resulting in your body being restored to its natural balance. Remedies are as follows.
- Chinese herbal medicine
- Tai chi
- Acupuncture may relieve Low back pain, this situation has been easily seen in hospitals and clinics. Most of patients felt improved after one session and some of them felt much better after a few sessions. Acupuncture has less side effects than painkillers because acupuncture belongs to natural way, not chemical. Getting back the flexibiity of the body is the ultimate goal.
- Acupuncture analgesia mechanisms may the stimulations from needles increase the release of endorphin that is an analgesic action of neurotransmitters in nerve system.
- Peripheral analgesic mechanism of acupuncturing probably is that acupuncture and cupping improve local blood circulation that supports repair and recovery of affected tissues, organs, systems or the whole body.